Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Boost the mana consumption?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 45

Simmo

Re: Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

Post by Simmo »

Huh? Was like 7-8h pvp on sunday. Was hell of a fun.
Demian

Post by Demian »

If this change would happen, Knights and Rangers should definately lose their protection against malleus, keening and veritas. Too much nerfing going on these days for rite users. Shouldn't forget that's pretty much what makes priests, rites. Without malleus and veritas priests become weak babas/knights. Where's the balance in that?

Anyway, nerfing these rites isn't only nerfing priests, it's also very severely nerfing monks. Even more monks than priests I'd say. And knights or rangers shouldn't even hope for ever casting keening/malleus again with their failrate and manapool.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Priest shouldn't be the pvp AND pve pwn machine with their awesome blesses, gm healing and resist
I whine, therefore I am
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Then boost other classes to be on par
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

KrondorZuula wrote:Then boost other classes to be on par
I want to see that barbarian that's on par with a rite spamming priest
I whine, therefore I am
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

If I was objective, I'd say **** religions, take stuff away from them to let people form their own guilds with unique characters from many classes and their own desired RP instead and still be able to compete with religions.

For I play a heightened Law monk, I selfishly vote no, since this would render me close to useless except as a full support.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Actually besides the 60 piety priests I am more worried about the Barbarians/Knights in PVP. And you all are still comparing this all to the higher piety priests, I think a 40 piety priest and a trained barb are on par, 30 and below struggle a bit more. As far as monks go the fail rate of Veritas makes it seem like the mana pool isnt the issue there, not sure about how hard malleus/keening is to cast.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Question to Law peeps saying this would make them useless, how much mana can you regenarate for each of you if theres 4 priests next to each other in 30 seconds?
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:If I was objective, I'd say **** religions, take stuff away from them to let people form their own guilds with unique characters from many classes and their own desired RP instead and still be able to compete with religions.

For I play a heightened Law monk, I selfishly vote no, since this would render me close to useless except as a full support.
It's not a deathblow to the rites, it should stop the SPAMMING that is the biggest problem and this would still be a smaller nerf than tuning down the damage.
I whine, therefore I am
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Monad wrote:Question to Law peeps saying this would make them useless, how much mana can you regenarate for each of you if theres 4 priests next to each other in 30 seconds?
Law aura doesn't regenerate mana for others, only for self. Hit points for all, mana only for self.