What would you want to do IG?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Tyrion

Re: What would you want to do IG?

Post by Tyrion »

Tyrion wrote:These are going to be religious based recommendations.
  • Corrupting altar - When an enemy corrupts an altar its corrupted. . Big whoop. . There is no point in defending a temple even for RP reasons as the effects are easily removed with half or less than half the amount of piety that was used to corrupt it.

Religion tome balancing - Tomes should have equal amount of PVP / PVM rites and the advantage should be based on attack and counter attack in terms of power regarding piety and their situational use.

World micro-political balancing - 4 religions, 1 religion that has the responsibility for guarding 95% of them. In my opinion, Tekstone, Nature and Imperial should have dominion over more cities and carve this static world up into 4 (including Law) equal halves so that not ALL power is centralized around one religion with a PVP heavy tome.

Improved piety system - Has been talked about a lot. I'm in favor of talking about this more and removing the monitoring GM intervention (I use 'intervention' lightly here) factor on the side of staff; its an old system it is a useless system and it needs to change so that it is player driven and does not require so much man power on the side of administration.

World Balancing - Religions (while an important part of the world) should not be the be all end all authority IG. I like Melkors idea of creating a system where we have mayors. Religions should serve a community through its most devout followers. In other words, player initiated RP should be a dominating factor when clearly it is not.
Probably the least important items that need to be looked at for sure, but something to look at eventually.

Btw, pretty much all of these recommendations are things I would like to see IG. I realize that in regards to what you're looking for (something new to implement) that may not be the case but the playerbase, such as it is, really does not leave a lot of room for adding something new. Frequently, the history of this shard has always been to add something new to get people to come back and play, but it is a band-aid solution to a overall bigger issue. Older players come back and play for a little bit and then leave; the prevailing argument I hear for not staying is, "it doesn't feel the same, nothing new happens, same issues that were going on for the past 3 years, resistant to change staff etc." When Malas opened we had a surge of players come back but could not sustain them because of connectivity issues. Anyways, siege system is my recommendation; I just personally do not want to see us move along the same group think that has plagued this shard for far to long.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

85 healing for assasins! not a huge boost, but they wont die so easily
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Think bigger. Red-Law, class system etc. can be done without hiring more scripting power.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

OK, I want to see tanking becoming more viable by full plate + tower shield chars.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Zacharias

Post by Zacharias »

I'd love to get some business or something worthwhile to do with my bowyer.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Ok here are my ideas.
Changes in elemental systeml. No need for more ores/hides/bones/monsters though.
Whole revision of class system, concerning fighters and magic users, and about merchants, possibly merging two merchants into one (those merchants that have less business)
These are about core changes.

Now about what we players, do.
FREEDOM to have the people decide the direction of the shard. So many players want to make the world a chaos (joining tekstone)? So be it.
So many ppl want to join imperial and overthrow law so that they become the new power?So be it.
Let the players do whatever they want. If a lot of players want to do something, either you'll let them do it (unless it falls under the asshole rule, or just being an asshole even if it's not on the rule:P) or they will leave because they can't.
I wouldn't mind having Law maintain all the power, but they would either have to fight hard or they'd lose quickly because they can't defend all the cities with their current playerbase.

All in all, what makes people want to play is the fact that, like Wille said, they have something to do. If we are free to develop new rp changes, we will always want to play. We want to log so that we can make a big change and kill those sons of a bitches on the other side so that our religion (or guild) becomes the greatest! (or whatever it is you want to do)
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

I would like to see a mayor system, but dividing the world into sections and introducing something else to the game. There are too many towns, too little resources and really nothing to do in towns than buying guards.

Introducing quotas to the game would give merchants something to do while generating (some) gold. It would also add to the town wealth significantly, and determine how successful a mayor is. Either through current resources, or virtual ones added automatically to the town storage. The real issue here is find something to do to them, other than buying guards.

You'd also need everyone to register as resident of a specific town/section.

A mayor system could also help the guild system and diplomacy, if mayors could decide what side they're on. Guilds would need a religious stance and the mayor could decide between L. British or Blackthorne, for different bonus or specializations to professions, resource gathering, guards... Depending on the mayor's choice, wars and political moves would be more common, and not only between religions... The world could become, for the first time in Pangaea history, dynamic.
This would also mean that Britain would never have a mayor.

Other than that: Magic user adjustments. Ore/Bone revision. Elemental additions to weapons (this time without screwing up the monsters). T2A. :geek:
Zacharias

Post by Zacharias »

Merging the bowyer and carpenter classes could be a good start, but I don't think it's anywhere enough to make an actually useful class.

I mean bowyers have little business, but carpenters have nearly no business at all.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Armors should be looked into.
Theres no difference in 55 or 70. Just the "feeling"

And gredstinuel? Would be nice a monster which requires that armor. At the moment we get it from weak grey dragons and then use gredstinuel to kill very weak frost drakes? You dont need that armor for such stuff hehe.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

"What do I wanna do...?"

Something new. Mayor system? War with some fun stuff like land taking? Something new to do.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2