Clean looting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow clean looting?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 57

Kent Strider

Re: Clean looting?

Post by Kent Strider »

It sucks Pang can't be like other games where they have tons of fun in PvP without ever losing gear. Not sure why some people love to gamble so much, personally I have never been a fan.
Yudhishthir

Post by Yudhishthir »

Glarundis wrote:doesn't make much sense that we play a game and avoid all the hard parts of it because we want it to be safe.
It's not avoiding all the hard parts. Our guild constantly goes out and hunts the big things, thats the hard part of the game. The high end dungeons.

Dying and losing stuff to a meta gamer who lives for pvp and RP's worth a crap is no fun.

We don't play the game for that, we play the game for every other aspect. Not so someone with a tiny epeen can come rain on your parade and it's allowed.

Basically, you have bullies, who abuse as many rules as possible, grief people, loot people, and they want to grief the entire shard and loot everything and cause problems and troll the forums. They don't PVP others who also want to PVP. They only want to PVP against the people who want to avoid the PVP, and ruin their day. They back it up with "It's RP and it's allowed so nyah" Unfortunately the shard rules allow these bullies, and they continue to skirt the outlines of said rules, barely staying within guidelines. And they kind of outnumber the honorable PVPers.

Big reason why the advertising of this shard "An RP shard with a touch of PVP" is false. It's a PVP shard with a touch of RP. And those who want to RP, get PVP'd out of town, and eventually off the shard.

If looting magical clothes is already not allowed. Why are they already not newbied. Newbie-ing items isn't a bad idea. Ask every other game out there. Especially the ones specifically made just for PVP. Where you don't lose anything everytime you die.

Have a look at this aspect, a large guild who adds a ton of RP to the shard, puts together constant guild events. And actually went out and earned a bunch of stuff through hours of play and were roleplaying up a storm the whole time, and a robber, who doesn't post any IC posts, hardly RPs in game with other people, can come up to the worthy RPers and say "Halt!" and them rob them of everything they earned. And they can leave. Whose the winner in that case? The people that add RP to the shard? Or the robber that doesn't RP much at all?

And that's allowed. And happens.

Which kind of players would your RP shard like to promote? (Question to everyone!)
Mag'etherian

Post by Mag'etherian »

+1 to Yudhishthir.

I'd rather have my old Journey's End crew back then any Pangaea player, no offense intended. Soma, Soma... where art thou Soma. Teach these guys the true PvP! :P

Honestly... I rather have those who enjoy more in PVM'ing and RP'ing in towns before and after their hunts. Sharing ale with you in the local tavern. Not those looking for the thrill of the kill. YEAH!!!! I owned that noob! Let's go get 10 more!

*edit*

Oh and full loot? Hell no. I already cant go out and hunt cause I lose it to PLAYERS! Not creatures. I can't afford to upgrade or train to get better because of PLAYERS not creatures. So piss on full loot idea.
KaneThun

Post by KaneThun »

So lets all walk around with full indys sets... and radlius armour.. that sure is fun-.-

If you do big guild hunts that sure isnt easy to you to get robbed.
And the ones says this robbers dont RP have you stopped to RP with them instead of instant run when you see them?
I dont think you can acuse NOX at this moment from not RPing.

And i have no robber since i am joining Law
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Throwing the "Robbers don't RP" and the "Victims run and don't RP" at eachother isn't going to solve anything.

Instead we should try to find a solution or a pact so that full looting can be allowed in the near future.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Kane, you can run around in radlius and indies if you want, I personally run around with scarly/elite scarly and onyx with my indies.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Yudhishthir, what the shit.

What's with this PvP, robbing and stuff ain't RP shit all about? Seriously. I've always been a Tekstone priest and I've always had a member of Nox. And so are my friends. I'll be damned if you dare to claim I, Nox or Tekstone don't RP or enjoy doing it just because we like to kill other players and loot what we want. Yes, I've caused misery and lots of tears, yet Telboreans, Nox and Tekstone spend a lot of time RPing with each other. I've even written the common history-lines of Tekstone and this whole shard. I dare to claim I, and Tekstone by my side have given more RP events, quests and stories to this shard than you ever. You know, it's mostly nothing personal, it's not for griefing, sometimes we just want to PvP and we want to rob because the thrill is just so damn much FUN!

Of course you have griefers who only want to see others lose, but at the moment I don't see any of them in Pangaea. You have Telboreans, Nox and Tekstone. That's pretty much all the bad guys at the moment and which all are heavily RP oriented... even when they enjoy PvP a lot, too. You just don't see the RP side as you're the one getting killed which pisses you off marking them griefers. You think someone RPing a robber would spend an half an hour talking with you IG before robbing you just so you can call Law / get druidgated. No, they do it quick and swift, but that doesn't mean they are poor RPers.
Honestly... I rather have those who enjoy more in PVM'ing and RP'ing in towns before and after their hunts. Sharing ale with you in the local tavern. Not those looking for the thrill of the kill. YEAH!!!! I owned that noob! Let's go get 10 more!
Yes, I completely agree. Nothing is better than sharing the pinch of ale after looting a set of auropians and indy clothes.... waiting for 'em natures to come knocking at the door, supplying us with even more items. No wait, I lied. There is something better: Looting ten full sets of auropians and indys.

All I see here is people afraid to lose some of their dear E-penis show-off town armors.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I dont mind losing my armor at all :D Its the clothes I want to keep haha
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Darian Darkmind wrote:All I see here is people afraid to lose some of their dear E-penis show-off town armors.
Agreed with this.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:All I see here is people afraid to lose some of their dear E-penis show-off town armors.
Agreed with this.
Good armors should be put in use not waste them by letting them rot in your bankbox.